Hana Abaza runs the marketing show over at Shopify Plus, the enterprise arm of e-commerce software giant Shopify. In the interview, we unpack some of the ways they’re increasing product awareness and adoption of a new product – including the genesis of the idea for Shopify Plus, and some product marketing lessons learned.
We also talk about MacGyvering, crazy startup ideas, and a ton of resources you can use for your own product marketing efforts.
Watch My Interview with Hana Abaza on Product Marketing Lessons Learned
Here are all the resources we talked about:
- 09:03 Jobs to be Done (JTBD) Framework | Framework
- 15:45 Product adoption tips
Some of Hana’s presentation slides.
- 18:00 Partner Marketing
How Shopify leveraged their partners to create content to influence organic search for a new product.
- 20:08 Marketing a product with no pricing on your website
Is it harder or easier to market an enterprise product when you only have a demo request?
- 24:10 Who does product marketing well?
- 25:15 First Round Capital Interview with Joanna Lord
- 27:14 Intercom Product Marketing
- 30:13 MacGyvering
- 31:10 Who would Hana take to a deserted island?
The Unpublished David Ogilvy.
- 33:50 Hana’s favourite dad joke
What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho Cheese!
Get back here on Monday where I’ll be showing you how to use Sticky Bars to craft really cool mobile user experiences.