Learn the ins and outs of email marketing, including building your email list, crafting the best email content, email newsletter design, and more in this list of 50 awesome posts on email marketing from 2011.
Yup, there’s 50 of them, and they’re all awesome.
Bloggers, small or large businesses, and Internet marketers can all learn something from this entire collection…
Getting Started with Email Marketing
- Hit the Internet Running: 9 Email Marketing Tips to Get You Going – It’s time to understand email marketing better and this post brings you a few basic email marketing tips that are the culmination of hours of research.
- Email Marketing: How to Get Started in 1 Day – Email marketing seem too confusing to set up? This post shows how to get started fast.
- Top 10 Ways to Use Email Marketing Effectively – Whether a business has an email marketing plan in place, or are thinking about adding one to their current marketing strategy, there are some valuable tips that cannot only increase performance, but can also gain subscribers and increase the ROI.
- Beginner’s Guide to Email Marketing for Bloggers – Learn to avoid the biggest mistakes bloggers make with email marketing, how to attract subscribers, and how to create valuable content to send to them.
- How to Learn List Building and Email Marketing From the Experts – Look at how you can analyze the strategy of Internet marketing experts who are successful at email marketing.
Email Marketing Tools & Services
- Email Marketing Services Reviewed – Selecting an email marketing service can be daunting. There are dozens of solutions to choose from, all with extremely varied options, features and pricing. Here is what makes each distinct and what to expect from using them.
- The 3 Must-Have Features For Email Marketing – It can get so confusing, that you may find it difficult to even determine the options you need to be successful in your marketing endeavors. This article provides an overview of the 3 features you must have in your email services.
- Hiring an Email Marketing Company – 12 Questions to Ask – There are plenty of email marketing companies out there, so you’ll want to make sure you choose the right one for you. Here are 12 questions to help you select an email marketing company.
- A Free Search Engine That Will Juice Your Email Marketing – Emailium is a free search engine of emails that lets you search, sort, and tag emails by company, color, sender, data, topic and more.
- How To Track Email Marketing With Google Analytics – Here’s how to use a combination of Google Analytics and AWeber to track email marketing efforts, and find out exactly where your email subscribers come from.
- 10 Killer Tips You Must Know When Using Aweber – If you are using or considering Aweber for your mailing list or blog broadcasts, then you must read these 10 steps and tips on getting the most out of Aweber.
Building an Email List
- 4 Tips to Keep Your Email List Squeaky Clean – If you aren’t building and managing your own email lists, you’re not only missing the profiling data that is specific to your company, but you’re running the risk of being flagged as spam and decreasing your ROI. Here are some tips for managing and optimizing your email list.
- The Secret To Building a Responsive Email List – 7 ways to grow a responsive email list simply by respecting subscribers, plus examples of great email newsletters.
- How A Dumb Little Tweak Nearly Doubled My Blog’s Email Subscriber Rate – In this quick video, Stanford shows you a “dumb” little tweak that is working to continuously increase subscriber opt-in.
- 10 Sure Fire Ways To Get 1,000 Blog Subscribers – Consciously work on building your subscriber list from the first day that your blog goes live. Your goal is to put your subscription offer in front of every visitor that browses your blog.
- 10 Things You Can Do Right Now to Grow Your Email List – The following ten items are things that you can take action on that will help you build your email list faster. You can do them right now if you want to. If you’re not doing the following ten activities already, you’re struggling against that “zero” harder than you need to.
- How To Write A Free Report That Lands You Thousands of New Email Subscribers – Go to any blog and you will see the free report and subscriber’s box. They can come in many shapes and promises. It doesn’t matter if it is subtle in the layout or a pop-up overlay – the free report is one of the best ways to obtain subscribers.
Email Content Strategies
- The #1 Trick for Increasing Email Open Rates – This post talks about the cliffhanger technique and how you can use it to improve the results you get from your email campaign.
- 5 Types Of Lead Nurturing Emails You Should Be Sending – Converting leads to customers is not just about sending random emails. The content of each email should be relevant, targeted, and communicate value that your company has to offer.
- How to Ask for Your Customer’s Email Address… and Actually Get It! – Building an email list is critical when it comes to local business marketing. But not every customer or prospect is willing to hand over their email address. In this video, Carmen shows local business owners like you the correct way to ask your customer for their email address.
- Top 10 Effective List Building Strategies to Increase Your Subscriber Base This Year – In this post, you’ll discover 10 effective web traffic conversion methods you can start using today to significantly increase your subscribers count, customer base and sales volume this year.
- 6 Tips On Email Marketing To Large Businesses – Add a little elbow grease to these 6 tips on email marketing content and advance to the playing field of large businesses.
- How to Increase Subscribers’ Loyalty – These are the list of tips Tosin has put together and have not only increased his email opening rates but have endeared me to his subscribers.
- The “Talk Radio” Approach to Effective Email Marketing – You DO sell in every email, but you do it strategically, making sure the timing makes sense and the offer is relevant.
- 6 Great Ways to Use Email Marketing to Find More Work – Learn the types of content that will help you market yourself through your email newsletter.
- Two Email Marketing Strategies that Work – The first strategy will help you get more subscribers and build your authority in your niche, while the second will help you get more page views and affiliate sales—all in an ethical manner, of course.
Ethical Email Marketing
- Good Guys Go for Ethical Email Marketing – There are both ethical and non-ethical practices of email marketing. Jane focuses on ethical email marketing that comes quite naturally from the good guys.
- The Most Important, Can’t-Ignore Law of Email Marketing – Do you know what that most important law is? It’s understanding when you’re allowed to add someone to your email list and hit them with a message.
Email Templates & Design
- 50 Email Templates to Enhance your Newsletter’s Appeal – This post showcases many unique and cool email templates. The templates can be purchased and installed with some unique features that are enumerated in the collection.
- Coding a HTML Newsletter Email – If you’ve tried to code an HTML email before, you know they’re not easy to create. In this tutorial, Alex walks you through coding a solid newsletter that will render great in most major email clients and then will forward you to a resource to get it to render correctly in our trouble spots, Outlook 2007 and 2010.
- 3 Tested Email Marketing Templates You Can Use Right Now – Unfortunately, most emails are either pure content or pure pitch. But when you merge those two elements, you can see a large (and long term) increase in sales. Here are precise examples of how to do this to get results.
- Call It What You Want, It’s the Future of Email Marketing – Learn about behavioral email, the delivery of emails to specific segments of people based on the actions they perform on a website.
General Tips for Email Marketing
- 6 Tips For More Effective Email Marketing Campaigns – Emails can inspire, engage, or excite your prospects or customers but can have the opposite effect of what you were aiming for if you don’t follow some simple rules.
- Top 5 Secrets of Effective Email Marketing – Given below are some of the most important secrets that can make email marketing less difficult and more powerful for you.
- 7 Tactics to Delete From Your Email Marketing NOW – Let’s make today the day where we stop spending time on the aspects of email marketing that don’t work and instead use the time we save to test new email tactics.
- Targeted Email Marketing: 4 Steps To Making it Work – Targeting your email campaigns is easier than ever because of the technology available. With some assistance and a good plan you can target your emails and get a better response rate.
- Email Marketing: Tips To Do It Well – Learn how a well- executed email marketing can complement all other marketing initiatives and reap you many benefits.
- 22 Rapid Tips On Email Marketing For Bloggers – A quick, rapid-fire list of tips for those who have an email list and it is just a matter of how to use it effectively.
- 6 Common Email Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make – Before you jump into an email marketing campaign, figure out how you can make the most of it and not make these mistakes.
Email Marketing Case Studies
- Email Marketing Case Study: How I Generated $40,000 In Sales Without Annoying My Subscribers – The great thing about having a list and a blog, is you can promote products via email and segment messages to whittle down promotions so they only go to people who show interest.
- How I Accumulated 10,000 Email Subscribers in 13.5 Months – Here are some of the unique strategies Pat used to build his list, including the best lessons learned from Internet marketing gurus and their email lists.
- How I Generated 100,000+ New Email Subscribers In Under One Year – Bryan tells you exactly how he generated this massive number of email subscribers, how to choose the right niche, and more.
- A Freelance Email Marketer Shares How He Built His Portfolio – So much communication takes place via email that you’ll find a lot of companies looking for help with their email campaigns. If you can help them interact with their email lists in a more profitable fashion, then you’re a valuable catch. And that’s exactly what Mikey Rox does.
Email Marketing Infographics
- What Do Teens Really Think Of Email – What do teens think? They’re the up-and-coming generation, and their habits may influence future trends in communication, so we should know where email fits into that.
- The Science of Social Timing Part 2: Timing & Email Marketing – Data suggests that there are distinct windows in which to send emails if you want to achieve the highest open rate and maximize your readership. When reading this infographic remember: your own email timing data is the best data you can get your hands on!
Email Marketing, Mobile & Social Media
- Batman (Email Marketing) and Robin (Social Media) for World Domination – Both email marketing (Batman) and social media (Robin) can dominate on their own. They can both save the day. However, if combined, they are deadly. Together, they can take over the world.
- 5 Tips for Better Results with Mobile Email Marketing – Mobile email marketing design is smoking hot. If you can manage to make sure your mobile readers are satisfied with those subscriber-based emails, then you have covered what may be the largest of your readership. And here are some tips to help you out.
- How to Get More Mobile Visitors On Your Email List – It can be really hard for your mobile visitors to sign up for your newsletter. Learn how to fix the problem in two easy steps.
- Email Marketing & Social Media Interview: Kristin Hersant of StrongMail – Learn more about the future of Email Marketing and its intersection with Social Media.
- 6 Smart & Effective Email Marketing Tactics – Brands are quickly adapting to consumers’ evolving communication habits by integrating social media and mobile marketing strategies into their email marketing.
These are just a sampling of selections from my RSS subscriptions. So now it’s your turn – what have been your favorite posts this year about email marketing? Please share your favorites in the comments below!