How many conversion experts does it take to change a lightbulb?
I tried really hard to find an ending to that joke, but really, it needs to be tested to be at it’s best. #crickets?
So, instead I’ll let the legendary KISS announcer present to you the smartest shortform statements of 2012, in classic rock style:
“You wanted the best? You got the best. The hottest conversion quotes in the world…. “
1. Bryan Eisenberg
Bryan Eisenberg is a marketing optimization expert, keynote speaker and New York Times best selling author & columnist.
- Follow Bryan Eisenberg on Twitter
- Like, Comment or Share Bryan’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
2. Guy Kawasaki
Guy Kawasaki is the co-founder of Alltop.com, an “online magazine rack” of popular topics on the web, and a founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures. Previously, he was the chief evangelist of Apple.
- Follow Guy Kawasaki on Twitter
- Like, Comment or Share Guy’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
3. Ian Lurie
Ian Lurie is an Internet marketer and has 15+ years experience in SEO. He is the CEO of Portent Interactive and writes for Conversation Marketing.
- Follow Ian Lurie on Twitter
- Like, Comment or Share Ian’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
4. Michael Aagaard
Michael Aagaard is a self-employed, self-confessed split test junkie, and copywriting fanatic. He spends most his time thinking about or working with content, copy, and conversion rate optimization.
- Follow Michael Aagaard on Twitter.
- Like, Comment or Share Michael’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
5. Tim Ash
Tim Ash is the CEO of SiteTuners, Author of Landing Page Optimization and Chair of the Conversion Conference.
- Follow Tim Ash on Twitter
- Like, Comment or Share Tim’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
6. Peep Laja
Peep Laja is an entrepreneur and a conversion optimization junkie. He runs a unique conversion optimization marketing agency called Markitekt and is the face of the ConversionXL Blog.
- Follow Peep on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Peep’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
7. Oli Gardner
Well this is awkward. How am I supposed to introduce myself? I guess I’ll just copy a bit of my bio from the top of the page. I’m a Co-Founder & the Creative Director of Unbounce, and like to write opinionated posts on conversion optimization, landing pages & social media. I like controversy and comment arguments (so comment away), and think writing in the 3rd person like this very awkward.
- Follow Oli on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Oli’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
8. Carlos del Rio
Carlos has over 7-years of experience designing and analyzing web strategy and implementation. He has contributed to top marketing blog SEOmoz and has spoken at major events on both SEO and Conversion Rate Optimization. He is also the co-author of User Driven Change: Give Them What They Want and A Strategic Framework for Emerging Media.
- Follow Carlos on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Carlos’ Conversion Insight on Facebook
9. Brian Massey
Brian Massey is the Conversion Scientist at Conversion Sciences and he has the lab coat to prove it. His rare combination of interests, experience and neuroses was developed over almost 20 years as a computer programmer, entrepreneur, corporate marketer, national speaker and writer.
- Follow Brian on Twitter.
- Like, comment or share Brian’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
10. Jon Correll
Jon Correll is the CEO and co-founder of Conversion Voodoo. He is one of the main voice on the Conversion Voodoo blog.
- Follow Conversion Voodoo on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Jon’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
11. Chris Goward
Chris Goward is the Co-Founder and CEO of WiderFunnel and is a leading expert in Conversion Optimization. He developed business processes that have increased conversion rates for clients that need to generate more leads and sales from their websites.
- Follow Chris on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Chris’ Conversion Insight on Facebook
12. Angie Schottmuller
Angie Schottmuller is an Interactive Jedi skilled at wielding the Force of magnetic content optimized for search, social, conversion, and mobile.
- Follow Angie on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Angie’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
13. Rand Fishkin
Rand Fishkin is the CEO of SEOmoz. He co-authored The Art of SEO from O’Reilly Media and co-founded Inbound.org. He notoriously wears yellow Pumas to tech events and conferences.
- Follow Rand on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Rand’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
14. Steve Krug
Steve Krug has 20+ years experience as a usability consultant for a wide variety of clients like Apple, Bloomberg.com, Lexus.com, etc. He is the author of Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, and Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems.
- Follow Steve on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Steve’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
15. Roberta Rosenberg
Roberta Rosenberg is president and CEO of MGP Direct, Inc., a direct marketing consultancy. She has more than 25 years of experience in the direct response marketing field. Roberta writes and speaks extensively about the art and science of landing page copywriting and design. She also wrote the popular Landing Page Makeovers series at Copyblogger.com.
- Follow Roberta on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Roberta’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
16. Avinash Kaushik
Avinash Kaushik is the co-Founder of Market Motive Inc and the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google. Avinash has become recognized as an authoritative voice on how marketers, executives teams and industry leaders can leverage data to fundamentally reinvent their digital existence.
- Follow Avinash on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Avinash’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
17. Jen Gordon
Jen Gordon is a Mobile UI designer and writer for Smashing Magazine. She makes her living teaching others how to make things pretty. Her two geeky passions are landing page design and iPhone app design.
- Follow Jen on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Jen Gordon’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
18. Gregory Ciotti
Gregory Ciotti is the Founder of Sparring Mind and the Marketing guy at HelpScout. He drops science like a kid from Catholic school.
- Follow Gregory on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Gregory’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
19. Naomi Niles
Naomi Niles is a partner at ShiftFWD, a creative and strategy consultancy dedicated to making the online space a better place through innovation, design, humanity, and experimentation. She also regularly teaches about user experience design, conversion optimization, and branding and content strategy.
- Follow Naomi on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Naomi’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
20. Brandon Hess
Brandon Hess is the Inbound Marketing Manager at ReadyTalk. He oversees ReadyTalk’s online advertising, SEO, A/B testing, landing page design and inbound analytics. Prior to joining ReadyTalk, Brandon worked as a PPC Account Manager for Trada (Hence why we mention Trada in Brandon’s Conversion Insight).
- Follow Brandon on Twitter
- Like, comment or share Brandon’s Conversion Insight on Facebook
Btw: If you have something quotable to say that should be included in our collection of conversion insights, then send it to email@example.com – and you might get your words on a blue background for 2013.