Landing page elements
- Video: The primary before/after image switches to a professionally shot video after a few seconds. Normally I don’t like auto-play, but in this case the short pause is good and the video plays like a real commercial.
- Repeated CTA’s: With long pages you need to repeat the CTA throughout the page. They have done a great job of splitting the page up into bite-size (or screen-sized) chunks – each with it’s own CTA.
- Interactive area: Half way down there is an interactive element where you can rollover a map to see location based testimonials.
- Product hero shot: Right at the bottom is a nicely photographed display of the product they are selling, which reinforces the buying desire with a “here’s everything you get” shot.
- Context of use: Photos are shown throughout the page showing the product in use (applying the skincare treatments, before/after shots).
- Perpetual CTA: Another bonus for this long landing page is the floating CTA in the bottom-right corner, which moves as you scroll (not shown in screenshot)
Here is a series of closeups of the page. Click on the images to enlarge them.
Why I Like It
|CTA Design||The color of the CTA is consistent throughout, and isn’t used on any other element on the page, helping to make it clear that each button is connected in purpose.|
|Professional Design||The design aesthetic is very obviously cosmetic related – which will communicate with the intended audience very quickly. The choice of palette reflects the “natural” theme.|
|Repeated CTA||It’s important to reiterate your call to action on a long landing page.|
They have used the dreaded exit popup as an interruption marketing technique when you try to leave the page – including a live chat window. I generally frown on the use of such techniques as they confuse visitors and can come across as spammy, but they are known to help improve conversion rates so at the end of the day it’s a trade off between brand values and the bottom line.
At the very least it’s something to test to see to what extent it improves conversions. This will allow you to make a considered decision about the inclusion of such techniques.
What do you think?
Let us know your thoughts on this landing page in the comments below.