Successful landing pages tell stories that build in momentum and culminate with a super persuasive call to action.
It doesn’t matter how awesome the rest of your landing page is – a poorly-written CTA button can bring all that conversion momentum to a halt.
In this episode of the Call to Action podcast, we spoke with John Bonini, Director of Marketing at IMPACT, about the extraordinary results the company achieved from an A/B test – and what they learned about the anatomy of a compelling CTA.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- The subtle change in copy that increased IMPACT’s conversions by 78.5%.
- Signs that you should be updating the landing pages for your flagship content.
- What bookstores (and the best-seller section) can teach you about crafting copy that converts.
Listen to the episode
Mentioned in the podcast
- Call to Action definition via the Conversion Marketing Glossary
- The Art of Creating Button Text That Can Double Your Conversions by John Bonini via IMPACT
- 3 Undeniably Real – and Sometimes Disturbing – Test-Proof Truths That Will Shake What You “Know” About Copywriting by Joanna Wiebe via the Call to Action Conference
- The Conversion Marketer’s Guide to Landing Page Copywriting via Unbounce
- Theme Music: “Gypsy Song” by the Freak Fandango Orchestra, available on the Free Music Archive, under CC by license