There’s a reason that so many conversion rate optimization “best practices” stem from the field of psychology.
If you understand human behavior – the desires and motivations of your audience – then you’re better equipped to give people what they want.
In this episode, Neil Patel of KISSMetrics and Quick Sprout explains how anticipation works in a user’s brain and how you can leverage it to create more enjoyable user experiences… all while increasing your conversions.
Tune in to learn…
- The science behind why positive messages lead to higher conversion rates.
- How understanding real-world visual cues (such as stoplights) can help you design better landing pages.
- How anticipating what your visitors want will help you rise above competitors.
Listen to the episode
Mentioned in the podcast
- Conversion Centred Design definition via the Conversion Marketing Glossary
- What is Dopamine? via Psychology Today
- Anxiety, Depression, and the Anticipation of Future Positive and Negative Experiences via the Journal of Abnormal Psychology
- Check Out The Insane Lengths Zappos Customer Service Reps Will Go To via Business Insider
- Theme Music: “Gypsy Song” by the Freak Fandango Orchestra, available on the Free Music Archive, under CC by license