When we recently published a guest post about exit overlays, we expected it would cause a bit of controversy…
And boy were we right.
— Dean Birkett (@deanbirkett) November 6, 2014
But as Angus Lynch, Director of Marketing at Rooster explained in the post, there’s a reason that this marketing tactic is so polarizing: Exit overlays convert – but not without pissing some of your prospects off.
In this episode, Angus tackles some of the comments he received on his post and outlines how exit overlays can score you conversions without negatively impacting user experience.
Tune in to learn…
- Why exit overlays are not the same as pop-ups.
- How to make your exit overlays just a little bit more persuasive with conversion centered design.
- The story behind how an exit overlay helped Candy Crush achieve an 80.28% increase in conversions.
Listen to the episode
Listen on iTunes.
Prefer Stitcher? We got your back.
Help us out!
We’d really love to hear what you think – and it won’t hurt our iTunes ranking, either.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Interruption definition via the Conversion Marketing Glossary
- How Exit Overlays Can Make Your Landing Page Offer More Persuasive by Angus Lynch via Unbounce
- The Ultimate Guide to Conversion Centered Design via Unbounce
- Theme Music: “Gypsy Song” by the Freak Fandango Orchestra, available on the Free Music Archive, under CC by license